Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Mad Rush of Life

My goodness, how time flies.

It's been so long since my last entry. And it's almost at the end of the week.

It's interesting when you consider time. Time flies while you're having fun, and when there are a dozen and one things to do. And there's never enough time for everything under the sun.

Einstein is right... heh, time IS relative.

One of the strange thoughts I have whenever I walk on the travellator from one side of Dohby Gaut MRT to the other is this. What if I can speed up time? For myself at least?

What if I have stretch every single second and live in the infinity between every single instant of time?

There are 2 ways to get from point A to point B faster. One, is to just be physically faster. Take a plane, take a bus, run if you have to. But the other way, is... what if you're on something that has got a completely different frame of reference from everything else?

I watched on Discovery Channel that the reason that flies are that fast, is partly because of the way they view time. Their "time sense" is much faster than everything else around them. Now, what if, just what IF we can stretch every single second?

For those who are interested, hey, check out "Thief of Time" by Terry Prachett for a funnier look at this phenomenon.

Now, next question soul-searching question. What the hell do YOU want in life? Everyone wanna get rich. What do YOU want? How much is rich? Why are you rushing through life for?

A friend of mine asked me recently what kind of jobs she can do. I asked her back, what do you WANT to do? Really?

Too many people asking that question, what kind of job should I go into? My answer to that, simply, is whatever you want. Trust me, if you have a passion for that job, you'll excel in it. Money won't be an issue, cos you're gonna get a decent load coming in... simply cos you're that good. And money will even cease to be important, because you're doing what you love.

Now the only question is, what the hell do you want isn't it? Think about it.

No comments: