Thursday, April 06, 2006

Who am I?

At the end of the day, after looking through all the cultural stereotypes and differing values, all the concepts and misconceptions, I take what an Austrian friend tells me to heart.

"I am a citizen of the world."

After going around the world and trying to discover my roots, where is it? It is right here. In me.

After trying on various identities and cultures, what do I believe in? That I make my own beliefs. Everything else, is an opinion. It is when I accept them and make them part of me, do they truly become, ME.

Who am I? I am who I am. I am Edmund. I am... ME.

4 comments:

Eiji Kotaki said...

there you go, the must-have one-liner soliloquy all good anime must have...

BenTalk (秋風) said...

Who are you?

(T) (H) (B) said...

I'm HB! Nice to meet u! Haha!

Vandalin said...

zlel - now all I need is a uber kawaii female lead and I'll be a happy man!

bentalk - Just me. Nothing more, nothing less. And more than a little comfortable in my own skin. Perhaps TOO comfortable.

HB - Yet to meet you, but hey, that might all change in a flash of an eye eh?;) Then it'll be more than just "nice". ;)