Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Secret of Dancing

Here are the truly important things when it comes to dancing.

"The first thing I'm going to teach you," said Siggy,"is the most important thing. I'm going to teach you how to ask someone to dance."

"Listen," she said. "Let's get something straight from the very beginning. When you ask someone to dance, you are NOT asking them to make love to you... You aren't asking them to marry you... Or go steady, or anything of the sort... It's communication, Nathaniel. It's a way to know someone."

"I'll tell you another secret," she said. "You can look right into someone's face without being embaressed... It takes some time, but you can look at someone without invading their space, without intruding; and without being intruded upon..."

~ Maggie Thomas, Broken Time

Steps? The steps are just the means to an end, and the right steps are really a rather subjective phenomenon. And frankly, steps aren't all that important after you get those other bits right.

What other lessons can we draw to other aspects of life? I'll just leave that to you. To get what I learnt out, you gotta pay. Prata, teh tarik, or a glass of whiskey.

2 comments:

(T) (H) (B) said...

Uncle!! I wanna dance too!!! Will u dance with me??? heheh

Vandalin said...

IF you insist. Heh