Thursday, June 14, 2007

Where no (Asian) Man has Gone before

To me, there are only 2, yes, 2 reasons why you should be watching Pirates of the Carribean, At World's End. None of which relate to Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightly OR Johnny Depp.

1. FINALLY, Singapore's acknowledged in Hollywood. "Welcome to Singapore," Chow Yunn Fatt says. What remains of the patriot in me swells with pride when I heard that booming in the cinema.

I'll go talk to my mate in STB to make him the new mascot of the tourism trade here.

2. The other, is truly groundbreaking. Decades of film tradition in Hollywood. Overturned in 3 sec. An ASIAN man FINALLY kisses a girl. On screen. Properly.

Think back on ONE movie where that has happened. And the answer is, NONE.

The fact that he was trying to rape her, is completely beside the point.

No comments: