Friday, March 31, 2006

Warning, Rant Ahead

I HAVE to get this out of my system.

I do NOT like indiscriminate use of smileys. It is a freaking pain in the arse to read, and I'm liable to go blind if every single letter is a freaking picture instead of a word.

I mean, do I look Egyptian to you? There is a reason why even those buggers stopped using hieroglyphics after a while.

I am very certain a scribe revolt as well as the phrase "the pen is mightier than the sword" was started about the same time. In the time of where the poor secretary was more of an artist than a fast typist, and a pimple in the wrong part of the face turns a msg from "having dinner with the neighbours" to "shagging the neighbour's dog, be back in 10 minutes."

Damn MSN and evil Bill for plunging us back to the Age of the Pyramids. Now if only I can feed HIM to the crocodiles...

1 comment:

(T) (H) (B) said...

I don't mind smileys but I hate short forms to represent certain words!