Sunday, April 02, 2006

Random Thought That Stayed

The first time I went on the conveyer walkway at Dohby Gaut MRT, a strange thought struck me.

Here I am, walking slower, but because of the conveyer, all-in-all, I'm actually faster than everybody around me. Obvious? Maybe...

Then I wonder, what if instead of us trying to go faster all the time, we have time going slower for us. Won't that make us seem faster than everyone else?

Split time up, and extend every second. What if between every single instant, is an eternity, and we slip into the cracks in time?

Maybe the way to actually move faster, is not to increase speed, but to slow down time, relative to the rest of the world? Put someone on the conveyer belt of time, so said... at the end of the day, time would slow down to him, but looking from outside in, this chap would be aging in instants...

Does it make sense? Relativity makes tangled messes of most brains...

No comments: