Thursday, June 17, 2004

Part III The saga continues

Saturday
Now Sat is a damn eventful day. Tzao Shen's wedding was in the evening... quite excited about that, but got into a dilemma of what to wear. Called up a few people, and tried to get their ideas. Samantha from Heineken was sick, Jon's gf Hazel was wearing a sundress... Called Kat, the life saver in the end and she had wonderful plans! suggested a sarong, and went to pick it up from her before I went for Tzao's wedding.

In case you're wondering, Shal's the one wearing the sarong, not me.... I was thinking of wearing one though, yes I have one, from Myanmmar. But since Kat approved my beige pants, i went with that. Got to the party at 8pm, just after the entrance of Tzao and Tori. Was looking out for Hazel, but can't see her... Anyway, the wedding's fantastic, the food's great, and the place was rocking.

Shal came, and I passed her the sarong. Went back to the party, realized that shorts were pretty cool as well, and got changed again. Hey, whatever's comfortable... I was probably the only guy without sleeves... watched an outstanding 10 year old couple dance the cha cha, and remembered that Tori did mention her aunt was Gladys, of Shawn and Gladys fame at Joseph Yeong's wedding. Anyways, everything was pretty good till this point.

Then things started going downhill. They started the dancing of course, next to the DJ console.... some pretty funky RnB. That's good. And Darryl and David Ho somehow managed to get a whole bottle of vodka to themselves. Now I haven't drank vodka for a while, but after months in APB, I'm pretty familiar with my alcohol limit. Took one sip from the bottle, and then some beer to wash it down. Things were OK at this point of time.

Dance some more, and talked to this chap called Kenny. Anyways, lemme just go into recall mode here. I remember drinking one more shot from the vodka bottle, but knowing full well I'm drinking below my limit at this point, and then washed it down with some vodka redbull. Now here comes the whammy. After I took that, I remember only 2 things. Dancing a little in the circle, and dancing with Adam. After that, I don't remember ANYTHING. Is it the vodka? or is it me sleeping only at 5am the night before, I don't know. All I know is I lost all memory of what I am doing from that point.

For you chaps who don't know me, I am not a hardcore drinker. Yes, I have gotten drunk quite a few times since I started in APB, but I am usually a fair judge of alcohol, and when I am close I'll begin to discreetly excuse myself. Things like "checking market share" and "need to go to the loo" or finding a really interesting neighbour to talk to at length about nothing becomes no. 1 priority. The whole time I was in APB, I only KO once without memory, and that was the first time I drank Guinness with the old uncles at the coffeeshop. Never after that. I may have been drunk, but never completely without any recollection of the previous evening.

No comments: