Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Nice Guy Paradox

I was in conversation with a good male friend as he sent me back today and I came upon the crux of the nice guy paradox.

Being the nice guy straight from the start, ESPECIALLY going out of your way to BE nice, imposes an UNSAID, IMPLICIT obligation on the gal to be nice back in return.

And ladies, correct me if I'm wrong, but last I checked, NOBODY likes getting an obligation shoved into their faces, especially if you don't feel like returning it, or have no attraction to the guy right?

Strange, flies at everything that has been told to us by our mothers, and our female friends. But makes a lot of things fall into place, doesn't it?

And quite frankly, as much as attention and actions ARE flattering when taken in small doses, but if there is no "chemistry" or attraction, all this nice guy thing is just plain irritating to the receipient, right?

No comments: