Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Learning from Sitcoms

You think it can't be done. It can. It is possible. In fact, some of the more subtle, or controversial lessons are best put forth through laughter and stories.

I read this in the morning. It's a startling reminder for me, because yesterday night, I was watching "Married to the Kellys", the same point was made.

What point is that? How rare it is for people to have the courage to actually stand up and say "this is what I love to do, and I am going to DO IT". It is amazing. Oh sure, so many people pay lip service to "living my dream". Usually it's followed by "later".

When it comes down to the crunch, how many of us will actually has the clarity to know what it is we want to do, and then actually do it?

How many of us because of what has happened in our lives forget our dreams, and live out our lives caught in limbo, neither completely depressed, but never truly happy? Just ok.

OK, an excuse to just remain in status quo. In a situation like this, I rather the person be ignorant of his dreams. Because if he knows how far he can go, if he knows what he wants to do, and how he can do it, AND HE DOES NOT DO IT - He'll spend his life less than happy.

It is not common to have folks doing what they love, and getting paid for it. But hey, if you truly ARE doing what you love, with some thought, you truly CAN get someone to pay you for it. Don't believe me? Try it and see.

No comments: